Join Our Executive Team
The application for the 2019-20 executive team is now closed. Please contact us through email@example.com if you have any questions.
Interested in helping foster the international community at Vic? Want to get involved in an initiative that not only helps new international students get settled in a new environment, but also allows both domestic and international students find a community they can connect with? The Victoria International Students Association is all about making this happen, but we need stellar student executives to help.
Applications are open for the following positions for the 2019-2020 academic year:
- Social Events Director
- Multi-Media Manager
- Financial Manager
- Communication Officer
To apply, please:
- Read the position description (below) carefully, and download the application form.
- Complete the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM, Tuesday April 2, 2019.
Social Events Director
- Take notes during meetings and provide updates via meeting minutes to the executive team as soon as possible
- Assist other execs in the planning and execution of events as much as possible
- Assist in scheduling executive meetings and assist in getting feedback from other student clubs that we will co-host events with
- Will work closely to renew Co-Curricular training and certificates
Social Events Director
- Take leadership in brainstorming and planning events (preparing refreshments, organizing activities, and carrying out the events etc.)
- Prepare creative input in long term and short term planning for yearly events
- Brainstorm framework and draft schedule for each event, ensuring preparation and scheduling are within booking times
- Take initiative in collaborating with other student clubs and create events that best fit with VISA mission.
- Create posters and informational flyers (upon request) for VISA events
- Work closely with feedback from other team members to revise posters and media
- Responsible for promoting the club within Victoria College and University of Toronto through media outputs such as Facebook and the VISA website; update them with important news and events
- Take pictures during events or connect with other Victoria College resources (i.e. VicXposure, Victoria College Facebook groups) to ensure photography and publicity of events
- Work closely with Co-Presidents and Social Events Directors to identify financial needs for
- events planning and executing.
- Set financial objectives and prepare budgets for VISA
- Responsible for recording all VISA financial transactions throughout the year for reimbursement purposes
- Responsible for creating feedback sheets for clubs we host events with and international students
- Responsible for ensuring everything is communicated effectively between team members
- Responsible for creating a weekly meeting time and combining exec team school schedule
- Will work closely with Multi-Media Manager when help is needed